Founder and President of RDP Consulting Services in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Ron Porter is an internationally recognized consultant, facilitator, trainer, and speaker whose expertise focuses on developing strategies to address complex issues of racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity in the workplace and the classroom. His firm designs structural programs that link diverse segments within communities, schools, business organizations, government, and non-profit organizations. The firm also works extensively with educators in public schools to increase understanding of diversity and develop strategies to improve educational outcomes for all students.
Ron is a frequent speaker at conferences locally, nationally, and internationally on issues related to ethnic, cultural, and racial diversity. He has spoken at conferences in England, Ghana, South Africa, and Ethiopia. As an adjunct instructor of multicultural management at Carnegie Mellon University’s Heinz School of Public Policy and Management, Ron is serving in his tenth year of teaching the course Managing in a Multicultural Society.
Ron builds community relationships and develops new and stronger partnerships with business, faith, government, civic, education and nonprofit organizations to focus on what matters most to our community. Ron brings more than 40 years of experience in community outreach, corporate team-building and corporate human resources to AGRiMED. Ron will assist with medical cannabis education efforts in the communities in which we serve.
- Board Member, African American Chamber of Commerce
- Board Memeber, Red Cross of Southwest Pennsylvania
- Co-chair of Gaming Taskforce: Appointed by Pittsburgh Mayor to lead volunteer citizens group to assess impact of casino gaming
- Board President/Founder of Propel Charter School System (largest charter school system in Western PA)
- Board Member, Homeless Children’s Education Fund
- Board Member, Hill House
- Board Member, Presley Ridge Schools
- Volunteer community mediator (violence reduction initiative)